842 Route 25A, Northport, NY 11768
Signs That Your Marriage Might Be Failing (From Divorce Lawyers)
If you ask divorce attorneys what are the signs or behaviors that might signify that a marriage is failing, you probably will get the following answers:
- Financial Issues – Especially “hiding” finances: Typically, the two most common reasons people get divorced are: (i) financial issues and (ii) adultery. If one spouse is not sharing the financial information with the other spouse, that is a signal that there is a lack of trust. If a couple starts to have trouble paying their bills or if one spouse gets fired or becomes unemployed, then this often leads to a married couple having arguments over their financial situation.
- Adultery (affairs) – It has been estimated that about 20% to 25% of married couples have an affair. If the affair is discovered, then most marriages will fall apart.
- Threatening to “get a divorce” – When one spouse starts to threaten that they want “to get a divorce”, they typically mean it. Although, that spouse might not file for a divorce right away, it is a sign that the marriage may be ‘on the rocks”.
- Hiding their cell phone – If your spouse refuses to give you their passcode to their cell phone or hide their cell phone from you, then most likely it is because they don’t want you to see what is on their cell phone.
- Change in behavior – If all of a sudden, you find your spouse having a big difference in behavior or interests, this might also be a sign that your marriage is failing.
- Drug or Alcohol issues – This is probably the third most common reason that people get divorced. If one partner starts to have a drug or alcohol issue, then it can be very hard on the other partner and very hard on the marriage.
- Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence can be found in both a physical behavior and in abusive language or treatment.
If your spouse is exhibiting any of the above behaviors and you want to explore your options about getting a divorce in New York, then contact David Badanes, Esq. and the Badanes Law Office. In their over 20 years of handling divorce cases, Mr. Badanes has represented clients whose divorce was caused by behaviors stated herein.
You can contact David Badanes, Esq. and the Badanes Law Office at (phone) 631-239-1702 or email at email@example.com. The Badanes Law Office represents clients in Suffolk County, Nassau County, and New York City. Our offices are located in Northport and in Uniondale.
Please like us on Facebook to get important legal news, tips and articles: www.facebook.com/BadanesLawOffice.