842 Route 25A, Northport, NY 11768

405 RXR Plaza, Uniondale, NY 11556


Can I Force My Ex-Wife to Lose My Last Name?

In many marriages, typically the Wife has taken on the last name of the Husband. In a divorce, the Wife has the opportunity to revert back to her maiden name. However, I am often asked in the Husband can force the Wife to stop using his last name and force her to go back to her maiden name.

The answer is “No”. The Wife, is she chooses to do so, may keep her current last name and does not have to go back to using her maiden name.

David Badanes, Esq. and the Badanes Law Office, P.C. provides real-world advice to help you through this challenging time. If you are contemplating getting a divorce, and need a divorce attorney to represent you, call David Badanes and the Badanes Law Office today at 631-239-1702 or email at david@dbnylaw.com. The Badanes Law Office has offices in Northport, Suffolk County and Uniondale, Nassau County.

Please like us on FacebookInstagramTwitter, or LinkedIn to get important legal news, tips and articles.


Highly Successful, Highly Rated Divorce Attorney Serving Long Island

Fill Out This Form To Schedule Your Free Consultation Today

David Badanes