842 Route 25A, Northport, NY 11768

405 RXR Plaza, Uniondale, NY 11556

Child Support

Child Support Lawyer for Suffolk & Nassau Counties

Custody and Parenting Time Related but Different

Schedule A Free Consultation

Child support is paid by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent. The non-custodial parent will pay a percentage of their gross income (minus some limited deductions) to the custodial parent in child support payments. From your gross income, you can deduct: (i) any New York City and Yonkers local taxes withheld; (ii) the FICA (Social Security, Medicare) taxes you pay; (iii) any maintenance (alimony) paid to a prior spouse; and (iv) any child support paid for children from a prior relationship.

Child Support

Fill Out This Form To Schedule Your Free Consultation Today

The Badanes Law Office Will Calculate Your New York Child Support Payments

Our Long Island child support attorney, David P. Badanes, Esq., will assist you in calculating your child support payment amounts. Once your deductions are taken from your gross income you will get your “Child Support Net Income”, this is probably more than your actual net income (take-home pay). Once your “Child Support Net Income” is computed, the amount of money you pay (or receive) depends on how many children you are supporting.

The Child Support Standards Act (CSSA) states the guidelines of how much you will pay in child support. The percentages are:



1 child



2 children



3 Children



4 children


at least


5 or more children


If you settle your divorce, you and your spouse can agree to more or less then the child support CSSA standards. There could be several factors that could influence whether you can negotiate more or less child support payments. The Badanes Law Office will help you identify these factors.

Child Support In New York | Child Support Attorney Northport, Uniondale


When Your Income Changes, Call The Badanes Law Office Child Support Attorneys For Help

What happens if after your divorce (or after you are awarded child support), you lose your job or your ex now makes more money than he or she used to? If you lost your job and you are paying child support, you may be eligible for a reduction in your child support obligation. If you are receiving child support, you may be eligible to receive more child support payments.

To change the amount of child support (you are paying or receiving), you must show the Court that there has been a change of circumstances (or in some instances a significant change of circumstances) since your divorce. The Badanes Law Office has the experience and knowledge to help you gather the facts and present your case to the Court.

Contact a Child Support Lawyer in Long Island, New York Today

If you need a Long Island child support lawyer to help you in your divorce or in your child support issue, contact David Badanes, Esq. and the Badanes Law Office at 631-239-1702 or email at david@dbnylaw.com. The Badanes Law Office represents clients in Suffolk County and Nassau County. Our offices are located in Northport and in Uniondale.

Service Areas:

Our child support attorney serves clients in Northport, East Northport, Huntington, Centerport, Greenlawn, Commack, Dix Hills, Elwood, Fort Salonga, Kings Park, Melville, South Huntington, Huntington Station, Nesconset, Nissequogue, Smithtown, Babylon, Islip, Bay Shore, Centereach, Cold Spring Harbor, Deer Park, Dix Hills, Farmingville, Hauppauge, Holbrook, Holtsville, Islandia, Port Jefferson, Riverhead, Ronkonkoma, Sayville, Stony Brook, Selden, Southold, Cutchogue, Bellmore, Bethpage, East Meadow, Farmingdale, Garden City, Hicksville, Levittown, Massapequa, Mineola, New Hyde Park, Old Westbury, Oyster Bay, Plainview, Seaford, Syosset, Wantagh, Westbury, Woodbury, Suffolk County, Nassau County, or anywhere on Long Island.


“Mr. Badanes was an excellent advocate in my child support case. He provided clear guidance and diligently represented my interests. He successfully resolved my custody dispute and was able to eliminate my child support obligation. I would recommend him without hesitation!”

D.N., Central Islip, NY